Employee-owned, locally created to care
for our community.
Eleos Hospice Care exists to ensure all patients receive the highest quality care wherever they call home. Hospice is designed to provide a special way of caring for those who have life limiting illnesses. Hospice covers medical care, durable medical equipment, medications and other supplies that relate to a terminal condition.
Having the “hospice talk” can often feel very foreign or difficult for health care providers, patients and their families. That is where Eleos Hospice Care can help. Together with our Medical Director and community resources, we have established a list of frequent indicators that may mean a patient could benefit from hospice services.
Common Indicators for Hospice Care Include:
• Weakness/difficulty completing activities of daily living
• Frequent falls with or without injury
• Multiple hospitalizations or emergency room visits
• Frequent, recurring, or intractable infections
• Difficulty breathing, even at rest or with the use of oxygen
• Excessive swelling of the ankles, legs or abdomen
• Unable to sleep through the night due to shortness of breath
• Pain that is uncontrolled or unmanaged by current regimen
• Decrease or loss of appetite
• Unintentional weight loss
• Confusion or disorientation
• Non-healing wounds
• Difficulty or loss of speech
• Decision to stop treatments or lack of response to aggressive treatments and therapies
• Generalized decline not otherwise mentioned above
When is the Right Time to Call Eleos Hospice Care?
Please remember, ANYONE can call Eleos Hospice Care to make a referral, schedule education for staff or to simply learn more about the services we provide. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to ensure that patients and families receive the care they deserve.
Call us at 260-33-ELEOS (333-5367)